Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nicks Cemetery (Laclede County)

Nicks Cemetery is located in Laclede County, near the Pulaski County, MO. line. Highway 17 South to Old Brownfield. It is on land that is referred to as the Dr. Harvey Nickels Farm. It is near Nicks Cemetery in Pulaski County.

Nicks Cemetery (Laclede County) is a small, family cemetery with approximately 33 marked graves and 4 unmarked graves. Members of the Bowling, Crismon, Detweller, Evans, Fisher, Harper, Harrison, Madden, Maxey, Monks, Nicks, Shockley, and Wilson families are buried here. The oldest dated stone is that of Luviney Maxey who died 8 June, 1866 at the age of 49 years 10 months. There are several stones dated between the early to mid 1900’s. One of the newer stones marks the grave of Thomas R. Bowling, who was born in 1904 and passed away 5 April, 1971.

Township 34-Range 13-Section 12

2 comments:

  1. Henry Shockley was my gUncle and I'm wondering if one of the unmarked graves are of his sister Mary who was older and died about 1879. She was married to Ben Lambeth. My gGrandpa was Jesse Franklin Lambeth their only child. Ben married Bridget Johnson later and had many childeren. I have looked for her grave a couple decades now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry Shockley was my great great uncle and he's buried next to his wife Dolly in marked graves in the Nicks Cemetery in Laclede County and it's located on the farm he lived on. I was there yesterday 10-20-14. I have pictures of the graves. My name is Trudy Sherman. My mom was Jean Lambeth Boggs. Her dad was Jesse Franklin Lambeth. Henry Shockley's sister Mary Elizabeth was his dad and I'm looking for her grave. It would be from 1879 and in one of those cemeteries and I know some of the Shockley's must know where she is buried. She died at her dad's Hiram Shockley or Dr. Wood's home. She was taken there ill by her husband Ben Lambeth. I also was at Henry Shockley's brothers grave on a farm in that area. I also have pics of that. Trudy Sherman p.o. box 266 roby, mo. 65557

      Delete